Monday, June 21, 2010


















DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Jenilea Jamieson



Hello all my friends and Supporters! I pray that these last few months have been a blessing to you.

Since my last news letter we have finished the school year! It was a great year with many joys and trials. The last day of school was spent celebrating and having Fiestas [parties] in the classrooms. Praise the Lord that our American Director of Palo Blanco has returned! Jan Burkey is back and in good health. Thank you for all of your prayers. Jan is very happy to be back and is in good spirits.

I returned on June 14th from a 2 week trip home. It was a nice time of reconnecting with many of you and seeing family. I was able to be with 2 of my siblings as they graduated from 8th and 12th grade and also see one of my brothers be baptized. It was an encouraging and refreshing time that I thank the Lord for.

I have 6 months left of my 2 year commitment here in the Dominican Republic. I will be returning to Canada in December 2010. As of now my plan is to attend Lambton College in Sarnia, Ontario to study Social Work. My time here in the DR has strengthened my desire to reach kids who are in difficult situations. The Lord has shown me how much need there is at home and abroad for Christians to reach children in bad situations, with the Love of Christ.

For the next month and a half we are running summer program here. Summer program is a lot like summer school. This year we are teaching about Europe! The kids will be studying art, geography, math, science, Bible and music. We have 16 interns from North American University’s that will be helping us teach this summer. I will be spending time with the interns through bible studies and weekend outings. I will be teaching music at Palo Blanco this summer and also helping my director Jan Burkey in various areas. I pray that the Lord will teach me many new things this summer.
Thank you for all your continued support and prayer! May the Lord bless you!
Jenilea Jamieson


Palo Blanco Teachers!


Prayer Requests:
1. The kids would learn a lot about the Lord this summer
2. The Summer Interns would have unity and be open to what God is going to teach them.
3. I would seize opportunity’s to speak to the kids about Jesus in these last 6 months.


Kids Alive Canada - 55 Fleming Drive, Unit 2, Cambridge, ON N1T 2A9
Phone: (519) 624-9406 Fax: (519) 624-5253
Jenilea’s email - jenileajamieson@gmail.com

No comments: