I am sorry I have not been blogging at all ! But now I am going to make a fresh start !
The past 8 months of my life have been full of many changes ! In November I took off from Wyoming Ontario and landed in Guatemala. There I spent 2 months studying spanish . It was a great time ! My cousin was there Jenny Forbes and we got to explore the town of Antigua together. It was a great time of getting used to the latin culture.
January 2009 I arrived in Jarabacoa Dominican republic ! And since then its all history :)
I now work in Palo Blanco Care center. It is a small school run by Kids Alive . It is tucked in the base of the Dominican mountains . The area around it is an agriculture community and filled with many children who come to the program .
Living here has been fun and challenging in many ways. I have never had a cold shower every day in my life haha. But have learned to handle it here ! I love my roomates Leona and Jenee and the pet dog Lola. I live in an apartment building where the walls are very thin and you can here every neighbor. My neighbors in the house next door have a small farm with goats , chickens and cows. I have to say that some mornings I could strangle those goats , they are soooo loud . All the neighbors are friendly and if you ever need a pot or some sugar they will be right there to help.
I will write more soon !
No comments:
Post a Comment