Tuesday, September 9, 2008

NEWS LETTER Sept 08

Mission Dominican Republic Sept 08
Jenilea Jamieson


I can’t believe that it is already September! Time is flying bye! I would like to update you on what I have been doing this past summer and how plans are coming together for Dominican Republic.

SUMMER MINISTRY WORD OF LIFE YOUTH CAMP
This summer I spent 9 weeks working at Word of Life youth Camp. This is required to graduate from the one year Bible College of Word of life. I was a Unit leader at camp, which means I was one of 2 leaders over the girl counselors. I really enjoyed this ministry opportunity and it was amazing to see how the Lord worked in so many ways. I was a discipleship counselor for 6 girls; we would meet for an hour individually each week. In our meetings we would talk about different issues that they were struggling with and come up with a plan using the word of God to help them in these areas. I also would help with looking after campers and make sure things were running smoothly. It was amazing to see so many campers come to know the Lord; we had around 150 come to the saving knowledge of Christ.
This summer stretched me in many ways, especially in trusting the Lord that He has everything under control. It also helped me develop more leadership skills and how to handle conflicts more effectively.
The Whole year that I have spent at Word of Life Bible institute has been a great blessing in my life. It has helped me prepare for future ministry in Christ and helped me come to a better understanding of the Bible.
I would like to thank everyone who stood behind me in my decision to go to Word of Life! It was definitely a decision that only God could have helped me make.

MISSIONS DOMINICAN REPUBIC
The Time is drawing near where I will be heading off for the DR! I am very excited about the ministry that lies ahead! I recently had a meeting with Kids Alive and more details of my trip were laid out. As I said in my last letter I will be teaching at Palo Blanco Care center, where I will be helping with many subjects like Bible, English, and Music ext. I will be with the kids all day so I will have many opportunities to speak to them about the Lord. I will also be taking Spanish well I am there, that is a prayer request that the Lord will help me to learn it quickly!




Ag
I am very excited to serve God in the Dominican Republic! It has been incredible to watch Him lead me to this point in life. Children are a blessing from Him and deserve to hear about Jesus Christ. I am looking forward to seeing how God will work everything together! Thank you so much for your support in this opportunity to serve the Lord in Dominican Republic.
Please pray that the Lord will send the financial support that I need. Also pray that everything will come together so that I can depart for the DR in November.
Thanks again J

Kids Alive Address: 55 Fleming Drive, Unit 2, Cambridge, ON N1T 2A9 Phone: (519) 624-9406 Fax: (519) 624-5253 admin@kidsalive.ca
Jenilea Jamieson: 549 Thames st. Wyoming Ont N0N 1T0
jenileaj@hotmail.com website- jenilea.blogspot.com – for updates
Phone 1-519-845-1561

No comments: